Thursday, April 3, 2008

No Car :(

So, we have been without a car now for nearly a week and a half. It has been different and a bit stressful, but all things considered I think we are handling it well. The first week was rough. The girls started fighting quite a bit and we realized that we needed to get out of the house every day to help with that. So far, so good.

Here are a couple pics from the last 10 days or so, then I have a bunch from yesterday.

Lilly helping me make laundry soap.

Photobucket

Lilly working on her masterpiece. This was so cute! I wish I had gotten a video.

Photobucket

This is a pic of a castle that Lilly made for her dad.

Photobucket

Yesterday was a big day for us. We decided to ride the metro bus downtown to the library (not the one we usually go to, a closer one actually). It was the girls' first ride on the bus (and my second!). We had fun, but we stayed out just a little too long. Lil had an issue getting off the bus because dad told her to follow me, and she wanted to stay by him. We were holding the bus up so I picked her up (as well as I could with other things in my hands), while she screamed then I carried her home (which was only across the street). We were all tired and went upstairs and fell asleep shortly after getting home.

Oh, we also did a science experiment before we left yesterday. So, here is the experiment. It is a little milk in the bottom of a container, then a couple drops of food coloring and finally you stick a toothpick in with a bit of dishsoap at the end.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are the girls' puppet shows at the library, well, Marti's isn't uploading, so here is just Lilly's.





At the park...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Feeding the ducks...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Riding the bus home...

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: