Thursday, September 9, 2010

Our Week

Most of my posting for our adventures has moved to facebook.


Monday (Labor Day)... We talked about what labor day was and it's origins sparked by my oldest asking why labor day was a holiday. We did other stuff too, but I forget what right now.

Tuesday-I had a photo shoot in the morning so they did stuff with dad, then we went to the park and on a "hike" when the playing part of the park was just a bit to warm for them to be enjoying themselves. Then we had Dungeons and Dragons night with friends, where the girls come in here and there and play with their characters (usually someone they make up for that one combat scene and the DM, who is my BIL, is really patient with them, it's great) or to roll either mine or daddy's dice (usually mine).

Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday-We started a Percy Jackson Unit Study. This is something that my oldest wanted to do. We read the first chapter of the first book (which she has read three times and I have read once) and started some activities. She did a Vocab puzzle, got 3 words into a 2nd puzzle and said "I'm bored" so she moved on to writing in her journal, then she started making a family tree. Then at 6 we had auditions for a play. My oldest (Marti) bought a Cinderella play (this actually http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Now-Im-Reading-Plays/Nora-Gaydos/e/9781584769729/?itm=1&USRI=cinderella+play) and yesterday she planned a gathering of her friends and they did the play, or auditioned, or practiced it. I had to take the car to the shop so daddy (the theatre buff) stayed with them. We need new brakes, fun!

Photobucket

Thursday- We have a friend over (who was at the meeting last night). It was funny, I remember doing this as a kid. Last night we picked up the girls' friend, Ashley, to go to the meeting with us. After the meeting, we went to drop her off and I was standing there talking to her mom (another homeschooler) and I hear Ashley say "did you ask your mom?" So, Marti turns around and asks "Mom can Ashley spend the night". I remember doing this to my mom so many times. It was great though because my answer was, of course, "YES!" and better yet, it was "yes" on a "school night"! Love it!

Oh, I babbled there, sorry. Today I expect that the girls will all play together and we might do some more Percy Jackson stuff.

Tomorrow-Grocery Shopping! We are a bit low on food right now so in the last week we have learned to be very creative with food. They really enjoyed helping us make 6 pizzas the other night so we wouldn't have to cook for a day or two :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Please email me! I have a question about your blog! ☺
Heathervonsj@gmail.com