Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ways to show me I love me.

Working on trying to meet some of my own needs recently. 

In all honestly, I envy the parents whom unschooling comes naturally to. I struggle. I do struggle meeting my own needs. I feel very complicated to me most of the time. Words is my love language. How do I fill that need myself? And to make it more complicated... I'm an introvert. I have the most awful time with small talk and making friends is often painful for me. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating. But not much. 

So, a list... maybe this will help me learn to meet my own needs.

Ways to show me that I love me... (In no particular order)

1. Carmel Marvel (need I say more?)

2. Coffee (to a lesser extent)

3. Dawn (as in ,the sunrise. I've been called non human for being a morning person)

4. Tazo Zen Tea

5. Beach days (Lake Michigan)

6. Fresh sheets

7. Stretching (like after workout stretching, but just the stretching part)

8. Good grades. Pre-nursing student here and I'm not an intelligent person (literally, my IQ would be very low if I ever took a test) so I have to work damn hard to get the grades I do. It's very satisfying to receive grades that reflect that hard work.

9. My chair. We all have our favorite spots to sit. Mine I found on the side of the road after years of being to cheap to buy one.

10. Perfect weather days where the sun is warm enough to warm my skin but not hot enough to make me head for the shade.

Well, it's a start.

No comments: