Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The last few days

Well, it has been about a week now since I posted.

We visited the ILs for Thanksgiving on Thursday which was really pleasant, except we missed cousin Izik who was at his dad's. We did get to see baby Tommy though. Here are the girls and baby Tommy.



He's getting to be so big. Here he was after he was first born.



On Saturday the girls were spending the night with my mom so dh and I cleaned the whole house and it was looking pretty awesome. I cleaned out my sewing room and took pictures of my workspace to post (sometimes it is fun to look at other people's spaces for ideas). So, here they are. Click on the thumbnails for a bigger view.




This week we have just been doing the usual, whatever happens to come up. Marti played Furcadia for 12 hours yesterday. I have to admit, some of the folks on the game have seriously irritated me. This one time several people made copies of my daughter's character with slightly different names. All these "Lia"s (my daughter's character) were going around being rude to her and to other people. We wrote to Furcadia about it and got no response.

Then, yesterday this 17 year old boy told "me" (I was playing my daughter's character at the moment) that he was going to find me and kill me, then when I brought it up a minute later he denied saying that and called me a liar. I was pretty pissed, but it didn't seem to bother dd very much so I just let her keep playing after telling her that I thought it was rude and mean and that she should just walk away from anyone being that mean to her.

I think she thought I was going to take the game away. I have done that in the past, but this time I didn't. She got "bored" with the game about 9pm last night. When she got up this morning she got back on Furcadia almost right away, but was bored with it within the hour. It was nice because we finally got a chance to connect with her today. She has been spending a lot of time on Furcadia and refusing to come and join us in what we are doing (which is perfectly fine, I was just missing her (I know I could have joined her, but that is a whole nother issue that I don't have time to discuss in this blog today.)).

Today she played some Phantasy Star on the Game Cube with Daddy. They started out by having to figure out what the best name would be because certain names (letters are assigned numbers) are best for finding certain cool items. I understand what dh was saying about it and got involved with helping pick a name, but it's hard for ME to explain in writing.

They tried Lara El (dh is a HUGE Superman fan), Marta El (a version of Marti's name) and Lila (pronounced Lil-a, a version of Lilly) El, but not of them worked the way they wanted to. The final name ended up being "Lila(space)El(space)" which got her an Oran (Orange) section ID which was best for finding daggers.

The kids also did a lot of jumping on the trampolene today since it was actually dry today.

So long for now, I have to get ready for class.

No comments: