Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Not Much Happening-Rant about furcadia

We didn't have a whole lot happening this past week, I guess. We have been working on making Christmas presents this week and of course playing lots and lots of video games. Marti's latest game that she has checked out from the library is called Harvest Moon and it actually looks really fun and I am looking forward to playing it myself. She hasn't been on Furcadia as much as she used to. From what she has explained to me, it is getting harder and harder to find nice people there. No complaints here, not after someone claimed to be a murderer recently.

Some might ask why I didn't pull the game away from her if that was happening and I did think about that, but I decided I wanted to let her make her own decisions regarding that game. She really liked it and I didn't want her to look back with anger.

In my vision, I can see her stumbling upon the game 10 years from now. Now, there are of course many, many outcomes possible, but two that crossed my mind were...
1. She looks back on the game and feels completely awful because I made her stop playing. There is tons of renewed anger that not only caused damage the first time (I mean obviously caused damage because she is angry about it now, not to mention the fighting and tears the first time around), but is causing damage at 17 as well.
OR 2. She looks back on the game and has fond memories of her mom "letting" her play even though mom was not fond of the game for a time (yes, I expressed to her that I was very upset about the "murderer" comment.

I decided to choose option 2.

Now that I went on and on about that, I did remember one pretty fun thing that we did this past week. We had a co-op with our local homeschool group (that are not unschoolers) where we learned how to do felted wool soap. We took a bar of soap and felted the wool to go around the soap so that it had a "built in" loofa of sorts which was also exfoliating. I forgot to bring the camera, but maybe I will take a pic of the soaps.

I think that is it for this week. See you all later.

No comments: