Friday, February 22, 2008

Dust is beautiful

Before I get started on posting last week's pictures, I wanted to tell you about a moment I just had.

We are moving things around in our upstairs and in the process, it was kicking up some dust. Inside one particular window the sun was shinning in just right so that you could see every bit of dust that was flying. Lilly piped up and said "Oooooh! Fireflies!" and went over to swish the dust around.

A few minutes later I was lying on our bed, right next to said window and I decided to watch the "fireflies". It turns out that dust is in fact very beautiful. There were red, blue and green specks and then there were some that seemed to glow for a few minutes until it fell where the light didn't hit it as well. It was beautiful.

So, today, my daughter taught me that dust can be a beautiful thing.

This first picture is the gift that Marti got for losing her 2nd tooth. She lost it on the 13th. She lost her first tooth about 2 weeks before that.

Photobucket

That same day we decided to celebrate Roger's birthday a day early because the girls were going to go to their grandma's that night. This is Lil helping me make Roger's gigantic cookie.

Photobucket

And here is the gigantic cookie.
Photobucket

Here are the girls making cards for Roger.
Photobucket

Here we are singing Happy Birthday to him.
Photobucket

We also spent Wednesday night watching the Lunar eclipse, but we didn't get any pictures of it. I don't have a tripod that would work very well for that. Both girls were really excited about it. I wasn't sure Lilly was going to make it because she usually goes to bed between 8 and 9, but she wanted to stay up to see it. So we watched it go completely into shadow, and then went to bed because at that point she was getting way too tired to stay up and she asked to go to bed.

No comments: